Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hot link madness!

When I was a little kid I had a stuffed beaver named Ella Fitzgerald a little racist? maybe. A little weird? probably (honestly who has a stuffed animal named after the first lady of song?) but man oh man could she sing.

if you look at the Martha Raye version you have to give her even more credit.

seriously though when I was a little kid her version of summertime was one of my favourite songs.

compared to the other versions (billie holiday's in particular) Ella's is defiantly the most beautiful and is one of the best "summertime" songs. the others being...
Will Smith's 

dont lie you had this album in the 90's and some of you are still listening to it these days.  The Fresh Prince and DJ Jazzy Jeff were all that and a bag of chips back in the day.

Sublime's Doin time



Ok this one maybe doesn't make sense if you somehow missed the entirety of the 90's and don't know that the alternate more popular version is Doin Time (summertime) but honestly even if you dont like sublime (andrew) you probably know that.

speaking of music thats awesome from the past Paul Simon once he ditched that musical dead weight Garfunkle.
although this song seems like it really wouldn't be that  sesame street appropriate

Oh man I could so go on a Paul Simon video kick all damn year.

Its midnight and I am blasting songs from the capeman. I am a terrible neighbour with excellent musical taste.

I have no Idea at this point where I was going with any of this.
-Kaze

P.S. One day I hope to have a girl smile at me while I insult her life.


No comments: